Transparent is currently working with Kids Inspire on a voluntary basis. This is a charity that supports young children who are at an educational, social and/or economic disadvantage, resulting from trauma or emerging mental health issues. They may have experienced sexual or domestic abuse, separation anxiety or significant loss. This is where Kids Inspire turn young people’s lives around; many young people are referred to Kids Inspire because other support agencies consider them 'too complex’ to help. Thanks to the specialist services they are able to offer, Kids Inspire has assisted Social Care in closing numerous cases.
What they now need is a passionate and focused Fundraising Manager to take on the following responsibilities:
- Motivating and supporting the team to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to meet the targets set out in the operational plan.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising, including general, corporate, community and bids.
- Motivating and facilitating supporters to maximise the funds they raise.
- Inspiring new supporters to raise money, and maintaining/developing relationships with existing supporters.
- Ensure income is diverse, and develop new fundraising ideas/activities.
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work by giving talks and seeking other opportunities to do so.
- Facilitating traditional fundraising activities.
- Developing and coordinating web based fundraising.
- Working with all forms of media, and coordinating the production of supporting materials.
- Overseeing the development and motivation of a pool of volunteers who can assist with different aspects of fundraising.
- Making risk analyses and balancing time cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Broadening the mix of income streams and develop new streams of income.
- Understanding and utilising schemes offered by the government to charities, i.e. Gift Aid.
- Contribute to the overall running of the charity as an active member of the management team.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, and with accountability for the Fundraising Team, you will need:
- Proven experience of successful fundraising
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- An excellent grasp of finance
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Passionate about fundraising and raising the profile of the charity
If you would like to become part of this amazing team, please contact Samantha Harris for further information and a full job description.