3rd Line Support Engineer
- Full Time
Role: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Salary: Based on experience - up to £38,000 per annum
You will be responsible for solving a broad spectrum of customer IT support cases by telephone, remotely, in the office or on-site in an efficient and professional manner.
This will involve managing assigned cases and assisting other team members when necessary. You will need strong communication skills to update our customers about the status of their outstanding cases on a regular basis. A duty engineer rota is in place for out of hours support. The candidate would ideally have at least 10 years’ experience from working within either an internal or outsourced IT department.
This is a high level role that requires in-depth technical knowledge with the drive and tenacity to see complex issues through to completion. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of supporting virtualised Hyper-V and VMWare environments, full knowledge of IP Based Networks, WAN connectivity and firewall management, and experience with backup technologies. Highly refined trouble-shooting skills are essential along with experience within Cloud Systems Solutions..
• Excellent communication skills and good team player
• An ability to learn new skills as required
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Applications
• A full clean driving license and willingness to travel
Qualifications & grades:
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Network+
• MCSA Server 2012 / MCSE or other professional Microsoft qualifications
Other useful skills but not required:
• CCNA / CCNP Routing and Switching
• Experience with Linux Operating Systems
• Experience with Avaya IP Telephony Systems