Excellent opportunity to join a well-established, UK Chartered Accountancy practice.
The practice provides a wide range of services, from accounting to taxation, compliance and business advisory, to both UK and international clients. The company has grown exponentially in the last few years and this is set to continue, making it an exciting time to join.
He/she will report directly to the manager in a bookkeeping team of 5 people, with excellent career opportunities within the structure.
The key objectives of the role are:
- Monthly/weekly bookkeeping - including bank, wages, PAYE reconciliations, journal postings and customer / supplier statement reconciliations - this is on site and also at the various client locations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and also group reporting
- Processing of EC sales lists
- Income/expenses analysis using excel spreadsheets/VT/Sage/IRIS/Xero/Quickbooks online
- Gather information for year-end accounts and be able to generate accounts to Trial Balance level
- Aged debtors and creditors reports and reconciliations
- Cost control - excellent time keeping
- Other relevant ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, skills & qualifications
- Experience of working in a bookkeeping department of a Firm of Accountants
- IT Literate with a minimum Intermediate level MS Excel and MS Word, knowledge of VT/Sage/IRIS/Xero/Quickbooks online
- Ability to manage workload and complete jobs on time
- Well organised and disciplined with clear working papers and referencing
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet the client and practice expectations
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to be proactive and work alone
Desire to take on responsibility and develop the role and progress within the firm.