1 day left
- Full Time
Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - Main contractor
Competitive salary + package (negotiable)
This is an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading regional contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality projects. The company has recently won multiple projects across the Bristol/South West and is looking for an experienced QS' to join their successful commercial team. Based from either head office - or a project base depending on experience and whether you will manage single or multiple projects.
The role - Quantity Surveyor
You will have at least 2 years experience as an Assistant QS or stand alone Quantity Surveyor in main contracting, but the company also has a vacancy for a Senior QS if you have more experience. The role will support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Managing QS and will be responsible for controlling the day to day commercial on one or more new build or refurbishment projects, typically around £2M-£10M. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Assisting in managing commercial aspects associated with construction projects as part of a team.
- Oversee general Pre-contract procurement and tendering documentation
- Manage and procure all required Contractual Appointments and Warranties from supply chain as required
- Provide mentoring and ongoing CPD training to junior commercial staff where appropriate
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Ensuring that cashflow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports.
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on construction projects in excess of £500k in value as an Assistant QS or above. Ideally you would have already worked for a regional or national contractor across the general contracting industry on Education, Healthcare, Commercial or Industrial projects. The successful candidate will also likely be HND or Degree qualified in a Construction related qualification.
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful builder with a solid reputation and strong repeat client base.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on