Project Quantity Surveyor
- Full Time
Job Title: Project Quantity Surveyor
Your salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Where: North West London
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Kerry O'Donovan)
Who you'll be working for:
My Client, one of the UK's largest family-owned Construction Company and arguably the markets leading Maintenance and Refurbishment Main Contractor is on the lookout for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team. They have a history going back over 100 years employing nearly 4000 staff and they have won numerous awards for their work.
They have a history going back over 100 years employing nearly 4000 staff and they have won numerous awards for their work.
My Client provides a working environment that makes people proud and happy at work. They also make sure they provide their staff with the training and support they need to help them remain industry leaders and they are committed to helping their staff achieve their full potential.
As a result, they have obtained a Gold in Investors in People. This is a great company to join that is going from strength to strength.
Some of your responsibilities:
This will be working on a long term multi-million affordable housing maintenance framework covering predominately external works around Central and West London.
- Accurately report the financial and contractual situation of the sub-contractors and suppliers responsible for
- Check that sub-contractors are procured to the programme and that agreements are robust in order to achieve the best value
- Site measurements, take offs, drawings, bills of quantity
- Take timely and proper action (e.g., notices) in accordance with the contract/sub-contract
- Assist with preparation of contractual claims
- Work closely with other QS members and other site staff
- Give support and advice to site team on commercial matters where possible
- Be aware of the QA procedures and Group Standing Orders at all times
- Be knowledgeable about the provisions of the Construction Act and other Contract types relating to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Helping out with the procurement
- Contribute to the setup and review of the project risk register
- Support the team in giving the Client/Client's Representatives timely and accurate information
- Plan activities to endear customers to want to work with us again
- To demonstrate an appropriate level of awareness and assist as part of the site team to ensure that we comply with SHE
You must have:
Experience working for a Main Contractor on Decent Home/planned maintenance projects
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please get in touch with Kerry O'Donovan on