Assistant Management Accountant
Cooper Lomaz are working with an established Engineering business based in the Great Yarmouth area to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant as a result of a recent promotion. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the role will support the preparation of monthly management accounts and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial reports to support business decisions. The successful candidate will join a fast paced office environment and will need excellent communication and organisation skills to succeed in this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Business partner with business stakeholders to ensure that they receive and understand financial data submitted to them
- Complete monthly VAT returns, Fixed Assets and Intercompany accounting
- Report on working capital and support with Capex projects when required
- Assist with budgets and forecasts as well as cash flow reporting
The successful candidate will ideally be studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or will be AAT qualified and looking to study further. Prior experience in Management accounts is essential and candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of GAAP reporting. You will be able to demonstrate a strong analytical mind and the ability to produce management information that will support the business in making key strategic decisions.
For the successful candidate this is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading employer and further a career.