Payroll Assistant Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client who are a large leading firm of Chartered Accountants are looking for a Payroll Assistant Manager to join their expanding team in Guildford.
The firm currently deal with businesses with turnovers ranging from small companies to £250 million and you will help to manage over 100 clients payrolls, as well as being responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in co-ordinating all aspects of payroll and supervising the team on a daily basis. You will also be involved with the marketing and development of the client portfolio.
Key Reponsibilities include:
- Manage the team portfolio of payroll clients, including the allocation of jobs and monitoring of work and issues within the team. Look after portfolio of own clients.
- Handle smooth handover and take-on of clients transferring from other offices.
- Managing staff / client issues / problems on payroll matters where needed
- Ensuring that developments in payroll related matters are monitored and reacted to, act as point of escalation for more complex queries or issues
- Preparation and reviewing of quotes for prospective clients
- Handling engagement letters and AML procedures for new clients
- Ensure take on procedures for new clients won are dealt with on a timely basis to ensure the client experiences a smooth transition to the firm.
- Ability to actively take the lead in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Demonstrate commercial awareness by ensuring work is carried out at the appropriate level of staff and within budget for the quote agreed with the client
- Work collaboratively with peers in team and across the firm
- Promote a working environment where good performance is openly acknowledged and performance issues are dealt with fairly and consistently
- Monitor and review team progress to make sure that tasks and projects are completed according to plan, adjusting priorities as necessary
- Ability to absorb changes in regulations and implement them into working practices
- Ability to manage peak work times in payroll processing, with the expectation of meeting all deadlines
- Ability to perform on a proactive basis rather than a reactive basis and motivate staff to follow this approach as well
You will have previous experience of working within a payroll services environment, dealing with multiple payrolls, ideally within practice or a bureau, together with a knowledge of various payroll developments within the sector.
The firm offer very good prospects.