Assistant Manager - Business Services.
Blackwaters are recruiting for, Assistant Manager - Business Services.
- Autonomous management of high-quality portfolio.
- Very competitive package (£s & benefits).
- Role focussed on leading & managing client relationships.
- Very established firm with contemporary approach.
Genuine Managerial role:
Autonomous control of a portfolio of clients. Reporting only to Departmental Manager or Director level only. A Team Leader (s) will report into you, coordinating the staff & execution of the work. Hence the role is focussed on leading & managing the client relationships, reviewing work.
The work of the department includes:
- Review of management accounts for UK and multi-national companies and groups.
- Advising on VAT and PAYE matters
- Corresponding with clients on a day to day basis in respect of general business advice on a wide range of subjects to clients
- Assisting startups in all aspects of financial support
- Implementation of accounting and computerised financial systems
- Review of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, companies, LLPs and charities prepared in house
- UK and International financial reporting
- Multi currency accounting
- One-off project work
- Preparation of business plans, budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Management of staff and development, including bi-annual appraisals.
The client base that the department deals with is extensive, ranging from SMEs to international groups including:
- Technology & e-commerce companies
- Subsidiaries of quoted and non quoted overseas corporations
- Art galleries and antique dealers
- Upmarket retail suppliers and outlets
- Sports personalities/motor sport
- PR and marketing
- Property development and investment
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong personality and communication skills which have been built around a sound knowledge of financial issues and commercial exposure. The individual will have a recognised accountancy qualification, and be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
- Ability to delegate and manage staff
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients
- Management accounting skills
- Very competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year increasing with service, plus additional office closures at Christmas
- Fully portable free standing contributory pension - range of funding options
- Income Protection at 75% of salary
- Life assurance cover at four times salary
- Payment of up to two professional subscriptions per annum
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Time off in lieu
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite Gym
Blackwaters contact: Mark Noades