QC Laboratory Analyst
Our client is a well-established FMCG manufacturer who have developed a reputation of providing high quality products throughout the UK. They are currently recruiting a QC Lab Analyst to join their highly successful team.
- Testing of the following to strict timescales in order to support the business needs
- Active participation in project work and the generation of documentation.
- Report results to the QA team to allow release of pharmaceutical products.
- Investigate OOS or OOT results.
- Observe and comply with GMP and GLP.
- Analysis of raw materials, API, packaging materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Preparation and analysis of stability studies and samples.
- Preparation of analytical reports.
- Analytical test method development and validation.
- To ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and to respond politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- To ensure that procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors.
- To observe and comply with company Health and Safety guidelines.
- To observe and comply with company standard operating procedures.
- To undertake any other duties which may be requested by the Line Manager and for which training has been provided and understood.
- Working on own initiative and managing own time.
- To prioritise the workload in order to meet the business requirements.
- Writing / reviewing of SOPs for the Analytical Laboratory.
- Ordering of laboratory chemicals / consumables / reference standards.
- To ensure procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors as per the requirements of GLP.
- Experience of classical 'wet chemistry’ and competent in using techniques such as HPLC and FTIR.
- Experience in the use of HPLC data capture systems.
- BSc in Chemistry or a relevant scientific discipline is desirable.
- An understanding of the importance of Data Integrity is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP and GLP practices and regulations.
- Experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- It is imperative the individual can work unassisted under their own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Excellent documentation skills, protocol writing and working to timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.