RMN / RNLD Registered Nurse - Private Hospital
Appoint Group Vacancy
Job Title: Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD )
Service Type: Low Secure Hospital - Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Salary: £27,000 - £31,500 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week, permanent position
A very exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for an experienced nurse ( RMN or RNLD ) to join a Hospital for adults with learning disabilities, particularly Autism, as well as personality disorders, challenging behaviours and those who have a forensic history. The Hospital is focused on encouraging and supporting individuals to achieve their own goals and ambitions, providing person-centred care and working collaboratively with patients and their families.
The Hospital is situated in a beautiful rural location but is on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone and therefore easily accessible for those with or without their own transport.
The hospital is committed to the development and well-being of all staff and provides regular supervision, on-going training and access to company-wide career opportunities. Further to this is the opportunity to work within a leading brand of independent mental health care providers, and to work in a friendly environment. We welcome applications from Newly-Qualified nurses as a full preceptorship programme and mentorship will be provided.
Person Specification / Job Description:
In your role as a Staff Nurse you have the responsibility for supporting the Senior Staff Nurse / Team Leader in leading your shift to ensure we deliver excellent standards of care; promoting independence and dignity and positively enhancing your patients' lives. This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation for patients. It would be strongly advantageous to have experience with people with learning disabilities and/or mental health needs. The postholder will need to be RMN or RNLD trained and you must hold a valid PIN.
- A 'Welcome Bonus' of at least £1000.00
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
For an informal discussion or to apply, please contact Erin Giles on: or email your CV to