College Services Administrator (temporary contract - 2 months from beginning Sept)
University of the West of England, Bristol’s International College is operated in partnership with UWE, Bristol; located on the University’s Frenchay campus and offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to the University of the West of England. The first students were admitted to the College in September 2012.
About the role
As our temporary College Services Administrator, you will be primarily responsible for providing information, advice, guidance and support to the students of the college in line with UKVI and company policy. Your work will cover all aspects of the student life-cycle, from registration, attendance, through assessment and examination, to completion and progression to University level study.
Your main responsibilities:
- Dealing with enquiries from students and staff in person at the College reception and by phone and email
- Prioritising and delegating student enquiries to colleagues as appropriate
- Maintaining student records
- Auditing, reporting and collecting data from students to ensure student files and records are maintained in accordance with UKVI guidelines
- Supporting activities related to welfare/pastoral support
- Supporting colleagues to implement the College attendance policy
- Contributing to the delivery of induction programmes
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director or line manager
To be successful in the role, you'll have the following:
- A sound understanding of UK further and higher education
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including a strong grasp of formal writing for reports/official correspondence
- The ability to illustrate a strong interest and/or experience of working with international students and a commitment to enhancing their experience;
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail and experience working with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong and proven commitment to a customer service and teamwork ethos
Also desirable would be:
- A UK Undergraduate degree or equivalent or substantial professional experience gained through working in a responsible customer-facing role
- An understanding of best practice when working with under 18s
- Administrative experience in the education sector
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. Additionally, as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, certain positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online form / email address.
Interview date: Week commencing 7th August
Start Date: 4th September 2017