Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk, Wimbledon, Full time
Your new company
Your new company is a large independent school who are looking for someone to join their finance team. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic business working as a Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Your new role
- Daily opening of the post for the Accounts Department
- Recording invoices and sending invoices out for authorisation
- Receiving invoices and processing for payment
- Ensure invoices and expense claims are coded accurately and are authorised by the appropriate budget holder
- Weekly payment runs via BACS and cheque
- Regular processing and payment of staff expenses
- Regular review of supplier statements, follow up on missing invoices and timely resolution of supplier queries
- Monthly reconciliation of utility invoices against direct debit payments and resolution of any differences
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Weekly filing of invoices
- General housekeeping including archiving of invoices
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience working as Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Excellent IT skills - Excel spreadsheets, Word and emails
- Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role
- An ability to work quickly, accurately and to deadlines
- Excellent numeracy and analytical problem solving ability
- An ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidence in working unsupervised
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary, 20 days holiday plus public bank holidays, contributory pension scheme plus many more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.