Senior Oil and Products Trading Analyst
upto £70,000 + bens + bonus
The primary responsibility of this role is to actively contribute to the Market Strategy Oil and Products team activities with market analysis and developing models and reports to support business activities.
Main Job Function:
- The Oil & Products Senior Trading Analyst will be responsible for producing timely and accurate market analysis tailored to the needs of its key clients. Other responsibilities will include, from time to time, market analysis for other associated commodities and derivatives. The Senior Trading Analyst will also be responsible for market commentary, ad hoc analysis and flash reporting within the scope of its remit when required.
- Support for technical analysis and key analysis indicators may also be from time to time requested.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Encourage and maintain regular communication between the team and other desks
- Provide intensive support to and work collaboratively with the Oil & Product trading desks.
- Develop and maintain a flow of proactive information exchange with the trading desks.
- Propose and discuss with internal customers, lead the development and maintenance of market analysis models, make sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results.
- Suggest trading strategies by providing timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Develop demand/supply models.
- Define ways to improve tools to structure the analysis, data gathering and data management and actively seek to optimise them. Actively seek means to optimise processes and realise cost reduction.
- Analyse market data related to products markets, understand trends and analyse data thoroughly to support the findings.
- Write accurate and timely market analysis reports, addressed to key customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Write market analytical reports to be published on a periodic basis, along with ad hoc flash reporting when appropriate.
- Ensure qualitative and consistent analysis which is communicated effectively at all levels of the company.
- Develop high quality insightful market updates for key clients and management including regular assessments of in-house views of global commodity fundamentals and prices.
- Run the regular Oil & Products reports and come up with new ideas how to structure and improve them.
- Preparation of ad hoc material and presentations for management when required.
- Assist in determining key assumptions and methodologies in modelling the complex global Oil & Products markets.
- Provide accurate advice and take initiatives to improve modelling capabilities.
- If required, provide analytical support for other key commodities and economic indicators using inputs from internal market analysis and external consultants.
- Team player with a proactive approach.
- Seizes responsibility, while actively support the team capabilities.
- Multiple year experience in crude and products analysis.
- Preferably a degree in statistics, economics, finance, engineering.
- Ability to maintain and build analytical tools.
- Ability to structure complex problems and utilise analytical skills.
- Contribute in bringing the team analytical capabilities to a higher level.
- Encourages and is supportive of new ideas.
- Ability to work in an oil major and a trading environment.
- 5+ year’s energy experience in an oil & gas major in an analytical role.
- Thorough knowledge of Oil & Products fundamentals and markets.
- Ability to coach and educate junior (trading/analyst) colleagues
- Fundamental modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex refining models, develop queries, work with VBA, statistical tools, regression modelling). Excellent understanding of Technical analysis and associated indicators.
- Will intensively support to the Oil & Product trading desk on a day-to-day basis.
- Innovative thinker, with strong analytical skills: an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent Excel (VBA skills or other programing skills desired), Power Point skills. Ensure high quality deliverables.
- Working intensively with other colleagues even on different locations.
- Willingness to learn and gain in depth knowledge on product markets (i.e. chemical processes, properties, etc) and ability to work with them.
- A willingness to develop refinery margin model knowledge within the team while also developing an understanding of the roles of the other team members.
- Utilize and expand LP knowledge to model refinery systems.
- A strong ability to remain focused while working under pressure, good time management.
- Flexible - Deal with (challenging & strict) deadlines.
- Motivated, show commitment and dedication for the job.
- English knowledge is important.