Developer in Test Validation Engineer
A Test Validation Engineer, or Software Developer in Test with experience writing test cases & test plans for products that have a web interface is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading industrial electronics and energy management company based in Worthing, West Sussex.
The role is offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company's 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers' plant-wide assets.
As Developer in Test, you will be responsible for the validation of products which have a web interface. Working with the development team in a continuous integration environment you will be left to your own devices to develop a test strategy that uses as much automation as is possible. Typical responsibilities will include:-
- Participate in Agile iteration planning and provide input on required testing tasks, process, and user stories
- Champion and represent the customer through the entire design, implementation and test cycle
- Request and argue for product changes to be made or defects fixed
- Responsible for defining overall test strategy, communicating the vision, implementing and managing validation activities
- Work with R&D, Project and Product Managers to schedule product test phases, request resources, report progress & issues, overcome problems and obstacles before they become blocking issues etc.
- Plan and write software test plans and specifications
- Implement test specifications and Record and examine test results
- Provide regular reports to Software Validation Manager regarding status of testing and/or test related activities
Skills / Experience Required
- Formal technical qualifications of HNC/HTEC as a minimum but ideally to degree level in Computer Science or Software related discipline
- 3 or more years' experience in writing test cases, test plans and code coverage
- Experience automating functional UI, RESTful web services
- Strong background C#
- Utilising tools such as NUnit, SpecFlow, Selenium, WebDriver, etc
- Continuous Integration
- Software testing and testing methodologies (Agile), Functional product testing & Regression testing
- Planning and defining test strategy
- Test specification / report writing
Pension Plan, Private Health Care, Life Insurance, 28 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: Test Developer Software automated testing Software Validation test cases test plans API UI RESTful web services C# NUnit SpecFlow Selenium WebDriver AngularJS Jasmine BDD