Senior Java Developer
Avtura is an Award Winning, fast growing and innovative company producing mobile software solutions for the airline and ground handling industry; recently winning the Gatwick Diamond Innovation & Technology Award. We are now looking for Java Developers to join the team. Although ideally you will be a senior developer, we also welcome applications from more junior individuals who have the ability to step up.
We are an agile fast moving matrix organisation. Our in-house development team are able to work collaboratively as well as independently, react quickly to demands and market changes, tap into their creativity to shape our products from start to finish and respond to customer feedback in order to ensure that the product that we deliver meets their every need and many more beyond.
As you can imagine, to work in this team you need to have the ability to work on your own initiative, demonstrating flexibility in situations, which change quickly and frequently. You also need to be able to communicate, prioritise and manage your workload effectively. The reality of it is that you will need to be able to hit the ground running due to the small size of the team and fast pace of the business.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Develop mobile based software applications and the associated server software
- Ensure proper compliance and testing of applications; deliver high quality solutions, with an excellent user experience
- Analyse and gather customer requirements, provide technical advice and interpret requirements into application designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the appropriate technologies, techniques and skills.
- To ensure feedback and support is given to your peers through code reviews and pair programming
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Java experience preferably with JEE Application Servers
- Android mobile application development knowledge
- Knowledge of distributed version control
- Agile Development, utilising TDD and SCRUM methodology
- Good appreciation of front end usability best practices and design
- Good appreciation of the end to end software development process
- We are not in the position to sponsor visa candidates, so only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
A Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Design Technology / Engineering / IT or related fields is preferred and experience in the aviation sector would be an advantage.