Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor - Building Surveying/Project Management Consultancy
A succesful, specialist Building Surveying and Project Management company based near Richmond, Surrey is seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join and lead its small but growing team, focusing on high-end residential projects in London.
This role is ideal for an experienced client-facing Building Surveyor seeking a significant step up into a role with a clear pathway to Directorship.
The Senior Building surveyor will work for a Consultancy carrying out a wide range of building consultancy services. Projects mainly cover central London - notably Kensington and Chelsea - but also the wider South East, working on behalf of both clients and contractors.
Acting as Project Managers on high-end residential refurbishment projects, the client base is very diverse, featuring celebrity and high net-worth individuals.
The practice has strong expansion plans over the next 12 months and have an extremely high level of retained business. Demand is currently exceeding capacity.
The Senior Building Surveyor will have responsibility for overseeing the small and committed building surveying team including the mentoring of 2 junior Surveyors. This will involve leading by example by taking personal responsibility for multiple, simultaneous projects, as well as team development. It is an opportunity to run a business within a business and is intended to lead towards swift promotion to Associate then on to Director. Specific duties will include;
- All core Building Surveying duties
- Client & contractor relations and management
- Team development
- Specification Writing
- Contract Administration
- Schedules of Condition
- Defect Diagnosis
The Successful Senior Building Surveyor
This is an ideal role for an experienced Building Surveyor seeking additional responsibilty and a clear, swift pathway to Directorship within an expanding London Consultancy.
- 7+ years Private Practice/Consultancy experience (not public sector only)
- Exposure to Project and Professional Building Surveying matters
- Strong technical understanding of relevant construction matters such as External Repairs and Property Management
- Highly-organised and capable of simultaneously handling multiple projects and clients
- MSc/BSc in Building Surveying
- Willing and able to access all areas of project sites
- Client facing - confident in dealing with wide range of individuals
- IT/Tech competent, especially MS Office
As well as a clearly defined route to Directorship, the successful Building Surveyor will also receive:
- Up to £55,000 pa
- Discretionary bonus
- Professional Fees
- Pension scheme
If you are a Building Surveyor based in or near SW London or considering relocation please contact Tom Harrison on:
Senior Building Surveyor / Residential / London / Surrey / Property Consultancy / Construction Consultancy / Private Practice / Building Surveyor / Specification writing / Refurbishment