My multi-award-winning Client is recruiting for a Specialist Doctor to join their close-knit team in their purpose-built psychiatric intensive care unit in South West London. The hospital provides a secure and safe, gender-specific environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
They specialise in providing intensive and bespoke, individualised treatment plans and accept those with multiple diagnoses, complex health needs and challenging behaviours from across the country.
- Providing day to day psychiatric and medical management of the patients under the supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Admitting new patients, conducting assessments and working up of these cases including mental state and physical examination, organising the necessary investigations
- Writing admission and discharge summaries, CPA reports and reports for MHA hearings as discussed and agreed with the consultant.
- Participating in a 1:5 first on-call rota as part of the job plan - the on-call rota is non-residential, but busy due to emergency out of hours admissions and need of PICU. There is a parallel consultant on-call rota to provide backup and supervision to first on call doctors. Extra on calls can be taken on by specialty doctors for extra remuneration.
- Providing prospective cover during periods of absence of other doctors including on-calls.
- Hold full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Be approved under section 12 (2) Mental Health Act
- Have the ability to take independent decisions when necessary and to seek advice form Senior Doctors as appropriate
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect and be committed to equality of opportunity for all and embrace diversity
- Comply with relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively, you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."