Graduate - Nostro Reconciliations
We are currently recruiting for a graduate Nostro Reconciliations officer to join the Operations team within a global banking corporation based in the City of London.
Key duties will include:
- To reconcile the Bank's general ledger to the various sub-ledger systems and investigate any differences for all EMEA Offices.
- To reconcile the London office wash accounts to ensure that all accounts are NIL on a daily basis.
To monitor the London office bank & customer Contingent Liabilities on a daily basis and investigate any differences.
- To reconcile the Bank's Nostro accounts, all EMEA offices and ensure detailed information is received for all unmatched items.
- To reconcile Interest & Charges across all Nostro accounts.
To reconcile and clear discrepancies.
- To investigate and secure clearance of exceptions identified through reconciliation of Nostro accounts and ensure correction at lowest cost to the Bank.
- To process interest claims on Investigations.
- To investigate and clear internal sectional/departmental queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure prompt and effective risk escalation and resolution takes place and bank operations escalation policies are implemented and adhered to.
- To investigate 'unable to apply' Nostro items to ensure speedy resolution.
- To perform ad hoc reconciliations daily/monthly.
- Support team members to ensure all allocated work is completed in a timely manner with high standards being maintained.
Key experience will be:
- Systems literate and with good numerical and problem solving skills.
- Client focus ensuring that all internal client queries / enquiries are dealt with in a professional manner, and within the defined time frame.
- Adherence to procedures and risk management controls at all times.
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management and Organisational skills.
- Ability to work under own directive.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good Inter-personal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
This is a temp to permanent opportunity and the client is willing to pay circa £25,000 pa for this opportunity.