The Client - A successful consultancy and looking to hire a self-sufficient, highly motivated and well organised individual to work within the OMB/Corporate Tax team. The role is varied and gives the successful individual a chance to build upon their existing knowledge.
The role -
- Provide generalist technical advice and support to clients of the firm, many of whom are accountants and fellow professionals, both verbally and via written correspondence. Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client.
- Work in collaboration with the team to communicate and achieve team goals, share knowledge and ideas and contribute to technical debate, to develop the team.
- Be able to assist and manage a range of advanced tax planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from team colleagues as and when necessary and discussing with Partners and Directors who will review work.
- Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media.
- Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness.
- Assist with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm’s service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services.
Key Requirements -
- CTA qualified with preferably two to three years post qualification experience. Ideally a generalist background with knowledge of both personal and corporate taxes.
- A good understanding awareness of tax compliance requirements. Good understanding of accounts and bookkeeping.
- Business development and marketing of tax services.