Environmental Health and Safety Manager EHS Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
A modern commercial construction company are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
The projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature controlled food & beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As EHS Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
Your responsibility would be to ensure that the business properly manages and discharges all its legal obligations and related duties under current EHS legislation, taking responsibility for the implementation of company policies, processes and procedures and assisting line managers in their implementation.
The company would look for you to increase EHS awareness and compliance across the organisation through constant and consistent communication and support and; instilling and promoting positive EHS behaviours and attitudes.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Manager your duties will include:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the King’s Lynn office from an EHS aspect.
- Provide guidance to Operations Directors and Contract Managers in relation to new and upcoming contracts.
- Attend client/professional team pre and post tender interviews.
- Complete Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation for new projects.
- Undertake travel (UK wide) to carry out site inspections and audits to ensure compliance.
- Carry out thorough investigations of all incidents providing reports with preventative and corrective actions.
- Provide support and assistance to project teams and subcontractors in EHS matters.
- Assist/undertake internal and external assessments for ISO/OHSAS certifications
The ideal Environmental Health and Safety Manager will have these skills and experience:
- Must be knowledgeable of EHS regulations and have experience in construction.
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving and decision making skills.
- IT Literate to include MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Member of IOSH.
- NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and safety, or equivalent.
- Experience and/or familiarity with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO9001.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of between £35,000and £40,000 dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.