Senior Policy Advisor, 1 year FTC - permanent, Central London
Senior Policy Advisor, 1 year FTC -> permanent, Central London
A historic and well-recognised organisation specialising in the health and medical sector is looking for a knowledgeable Senior Policy Advisor to join one of their specialist departments. This is a chance to get involved in an interesting and complex part of the organisation, dealing with specific national and worldwide projects.
Who will you be working for?
A reputable medical college focussing on training, research, quality and advice for its vast member base in the health sector. They are an academic institution with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the U.K.
Located north of Oxford Circus, you'll be working in one of the most exquisite parts of central London where there are beautiful parks to enjoy on your lunch break and plenty of eateries to spoil yourself with!
What does the role consist of?
The purpose of the role is to take lead responsibility for a number of high-profile policy issues and projects designed to improve health and healthcare. You will be developing the college's policy direction and message. In this role, you will keep on tope of current issues in health policy and analyse complex information to ensure that the college is at the forefront of health debate. You will be working closely with the PR and public affairs team to find new ways to communicate their message and increase influence within the health service structures. This will include building new networks and stakeholder relationships and involving colleagues, members and patients in policy development.
What will the successful candidate be like?
- degree educated or equivalent
- excellent understanding of current health agenda in the UK and issues facing the RCP
- experience of working in a similar policy role, including managing a complex policy brief and a range of projects
- experience of advising senior colleagues and decision makers on complex issues
- high level of political understanding, sensitivity and awareness
- excellent communication skills, presentation skills, writing and editing skills
- experience of dealing and building relationships within a team and organisation
- ability to generate and implement ideas
How to apply?
We're hiring as quickly as possible so email or apply with your CV for immediate consideration. CVs and application forms will be submitted 1st August.
Not ready to apply, or have some questions first?
Email me, Barry Yeung, on to discuss in confidence.