- Full Time
Mechanical Estimator required to join a M&E building services contractor based in the Exeter area. Girling Jones are working with a diverse, and progressive business seeking to employ an additional Estimator within their Bid team; the appointed candidate will have responsibility for all tenders/bids and will work closely with our own design engineers, project managers, supply chain as well as the main contractors and their respective teams. This appointment is due to internal promotion and will offer a progressive route within the business reporting into the Directors.
Your next role:
- Responsibility for all tenders/bids and will work closely with our own design engineers, project managers, supply chain as well as the main contractors and their respective teams.
- Attending client and pre-contract interviews, the candidate must have a solid background within the mechanical services sector and understand the world of contracting. This post offers the opportunity for the candidate to develop and grow their own team, with future scope for a role within the commercial side.
- To read through all tender documentation, understanding drawings and identifying any potential risks to ensure proposals are competitive and compliant yet without future commercial threat.
- Prepare sub-contract enquiries, receipt of subcontract quotes, prepare cost estimates and provide associated breakdowns for submission to main contractors / clients in both competitive and negotiated tender opportunities.
- Taking off quantities from the drawings and inputting into the estimation software for both D&B and pre-designed enquiries, reporting to the operations manager to discuss strategy / mark up's upon collation
- Preparation of handover files to the Project Managers following successful tenders, comprehensively running through said project with the delivery team.
- Where necessary, provide assistance to the Project Managers with procurement of large plant items and assist in collating the information and submission of variations to the relevant persons.
- Assist in developing procedures and best practice within the estimating department.
What you'll need:
- Recognised industry qualifications, educated to HNC/HND level would be desirable
- Experience of both Mechanical and Electrical services
- Proven experience of bids up to £1M +
- Proven track record in the HVAC / mechanical services industry. Must have sound knowledge of all mechanical systems from LTHW, domestics, public health through to gas and ventilation services
- IT proficient in all key Office products, including Excel and estimation software to at least an intermediate level.
- Able to read and understand tender drawings and specifications.
- Comfortable working with and producing schedules of rates.
What's on offer:
Competitive annual salary, and package. Progression within the newly reformed building services arm and in addition to all this; the chance to work with a truly innovative M&E Contractor, working within the retail non-food and food sectors, with additional projects within the commercial, and light industrial sectors.
Click 'Apply' below for a call back, or contact Girling Jones for a full brief on this and further options available throughout the South of the UK
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.