Carpentry & Joinery - NVQ Assessor
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: NVQ Assessor - Carpentry & Joinery
Salary: Circa £22,531 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Are you looking for a new career direction?
Are you an experienced Carpenter & Joiner?
Do you hold a current NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery or equivalent?
Do you have your assessor's award?
Would you embrace the opportunity to train/support others?
The college, based in Brighton is seeking to appoint a qualified NVQ Assessor for Carpentry & Joinery to recruit and assess learners for their Apprenticeship programmes. The role involves recruitment of workplace learners, including initial advice and guidance, assessment training and internal verification of learners on NVQ's in the workplace.
- Delivery of Apprenticeship Frameworks and NVQ's to learners based in the workplace.
- Support the recruitment of workplace learners including initial advice and guidance, skills scans, basic skills testing, completion of contractual paperwork and Health and Safety vets.
- To undertake assessment, training and internal verification of learners on NVQ's in the workplace.
- To deliver under-pinning knowledge, in the workplace or through training workshops.
- To maintain a caseload of learners. Case load will be agreed by line-manager and will vary according to balance of NVQ/Apprentices.
- Identification of current competence of individuals and undertaking all necessary work to agree assessment plan and assist learners with preparation and evidence for assessments.
- Preparation of assessment and training materials for scheduled assessments.
- Regularly visit learners to monitor and review progress to ensure timely success.
- Complete all recruitment, assessment/verification and accreditation paperwork within a set timescale.
- Maintain customer relations with existing employer/learners and build new employer links.
- Carry out regular reporting to the Head of Construction about recruitment, progress of learners and achievements.
- Organise regular review meetings with learners and employers in the workplace.
- Administer paperwork and keep accurate records.
- Provide regular reports to include learner participation, starts, success rates and potential new starts.
- Active participation in EV visits and Ofsted inspections including any administration tasks.
- Participate in College probationary review and appraisal processes, agree objectives with the line manager and ensure they are achieved.
- Comply with the College's health and safety policy.
- Work to promote and contribute to the College's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Apply the College's safeguarding policy and practices.
- Comply with the College's procedures in relation to the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required.
They are looking to recruit a qualified Assessor, the applicant must have industry experience and a full level 3 qualification in Carpentry & Joinery (equivalent to a Level 3 NVQ Diploma or NVQ3) and significant relevant work experience.
The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience gained within Carpentry & Joinery. You must have a passion for high standards, combined with excellent communication skills and good time management, as effective planning of your workload is an essential part of your learner's success. You must be comfortable working alone and also as part of a team.
The successful candidate will key in supporting the new Construction & Trades Centre at the College's City College East Campus on Wilson Avenue, designed to be a leading educational and training hub for Brighton & Hove's next generation of construction workers.
- Significant professional and technical expertise and knowledge within the subject field.
- Relevant professional/occupational qualification equivalent to a Level 3 NVQ Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery or equivalent.
- Assessors award - A1, TAQA or equivalent.
- Minimum Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy.
- Teaching qualification CertEd, DTLLS or equivalent.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent team working skills.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity
- Knowledge of functional skills at level 1 and 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- Knowledge of social and cultural diversity and its effect on learning.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Application Form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Assessor, Trainer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Tutor, Engineering Assessor, Engineering Trainer, Electrical Engineering Assessor, Mechanical Engineer Assessor, Machine Technician, NVQ Assessor, Engineering Teacher, Electronic Engineering Assessor, Mechanical Engineering Tutor, Electrical Engineering Trainer, Engineering Coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Coordinator, Electrical Engineering Coordinator, Assessor of Engineering, College Assessor, Carpenter, Joiner will also be considered for this role.