3 days left
- Full Time
A leading contractor based in Dorchester are looking to procure an Intermediate Buyer to join their team. Working across the housing, education, commercial and office sectors, they carry out both new build and refurbishment schemes. Project values will typically range from £1k up to circa £6m.
The office covers the Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Cornwall and Devon regions, offering versatility on your role. The main HQ is based near Dorchester, but all roles can be site or office based, location dependant. The role is due to growth within the company, with plans of increasing the contracting divisions turnover from £15m up to £18m in 2017.
As an Intermediate Buyer you will be reporting to and working with the Senior Buyer, working on a variety of projects, offering versatility and variation to the role.
They are looking to take on a Buyer with either contracting or housing experience, ideally a minimum of 2/3 years. You will have knowledge and understanding of working within a team and independently.
- Making sure there is a clear strategy when purchasing all materials etc
- Set policies for purchasing that take into account budgets, material requirements and skilled labour required
- Attending meetings with financial and operational teams in order to ascertain any issues affecting progress
- Handling all queries from potential suppliers
- Making sure all suppliers are ISO Accredited
The role is most suitable for someone looking to work for a renowned company, who hold a fantastic reputation within the industry. If you are currently an Assistant looking to progress then this role could also be ideal for you.
Please click "Apply Now" or email if you're interested.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.