Passenger Lift / Vehicle lift Customer Advisor
A superb opportunity if you're a hands on technical engineer (who's ideally worked servicing lifts) to 'come off the tools' and utilise your knowledge supporting customers predominantly from within an office based role. Our client's key products would include wheelchair restraints, vehicle passenger lifts and flooring systems within the adapted vehicle sector.
- Handle any technical or support questions relating to the company's product range which includes passenger and vehicle lifts.
- Ensure up to date awareness of all new or changed products.
- Assist warranty claims are completed to ensure the correct chargebacks
- Occasionally visit customer sites to assess technical issues and relay the problems to the Engineers.
- Answer calls from reception and deal with them where applicable
- Invoice customers for products/services
- Liaise with despatch and the carrier to ensure delivery of customer orders
- Keep accurate and relevant records of customer correspondence
- File completed documentation promptly and accurately, and keep a tidy work space
- Liaise with Accounts regarding customer account status, to avoid delays to customer orders
- Resolve customer issues or complaints in a timely manner
- Ideally you will have an understanding of passenger or vehicle lifts
- Otherwise, it will be essential that you are a strong technical engineer, wanting to work in an office environment who has a knowledge of hydraulic systems and a basic technical knowledge of auto electrical systems
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- A good standard of computer literacy
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to take on and understand new products
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- A good telephone manner
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a light engineering market
- Ability to understand and embrace new technology
Associated Benefits: Company pension (3.5% contributory)
Working Hours: 36 hour office based hours, including Friday afternoons off!
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.