Lead Occupational Therapist
- Full Time
Highly motivated and innovativeLead Occupational Therapist needed!
You will be part of a strong and well-resourced multi-disciplinary team specialising in providing high quality assessments and treatment. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing professional leadership to occupational therapy staff while still undertaking some clinical responsibilities. This is an exciting and progressing service where you will have the opportunity to bring an occupational influence to PICU services.
- To work as lead of the Occupational Therapy Department, developing and providing an efficient and effective Occupational Therapy Service.
- To be responsible for a clinical caseload, assessing and treating patients.
- To liaise effectively with Multidisciplinary team colleagues.
- To keep up to date with new treatment methods and be actively involved in research projects relating to mental health.
- To attend Multidisciplinary meetings, reviews and case conferences as required.
- To evaluate treatment and keep accurate records maintaining high professional standards and complying with current legislation.
- To provide support and guidance for lower grades of staff and advice with complex cases where necessary assisting in the treatment of such cases.
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold current HCPC registration
- Have advanced supervisory and appraisal skills
- Be able to work autonomously and within a MDT.
- Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
Salary: Up to £40K
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively, you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."