Technical Project Manager
- Full Time
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER, PROJECT LEAD, PROJECT SPECIALIST
£39,333 - £45,232
This role will initially be best in Central London, but will be moving to Croydon within the next 6 months.
An exciting, new opportunity has developed to join one of our high profile clients based in Salford as a Technical Project Manager, to both lead and assist with the delivery of a wide range of technical projects.
Our client has a significant programme of work, and the successful candidate can expect significant responsibility for the delivery of a wide range of interesting and complex projects. The role presents the right individual with the opportunity to work closely with an interesting and varied set of partners and decision-makers, to take ownership and lead a wide range of projects; and to provide support and oversee delivery of other projects delivered by other project managers within the team.
You will be joining a dynamic and friendly team, with the opportunity to work on a range of stimulating and engaging projects, and the necessary support to develop you professionally.
The successful individual will be expected to work flexibly and be responsive to demands from our customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage project work-streams from end-to-end within the client's various portfolios.
- Manage projects engagement with appropriate project governance.
- Own the production of key project management products, ensuring they meet the required quality standards and are approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and manage dependencies and interdependencies.
- Manage project work-stream budgets and resourcing plans within project and programme levels and tolerances.
- Work closely with the business in producing high quality business requirements and translating requirements into deliverable plans.
- Support Programme and Senior Project Managers in the development of the commercial approach and plan, and supplier engagement for the project or work-stream in line with the overarching strategy, liaising with the programme commercial team and, if required, leading the procurement process.
- Ensuring that the project or work-stream focuses on realisation of business benefits by creating business readiness plans, taking into consideration technology deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the 'business as usual' environment.
Successful candidates should have experience delivering a range of business and/or IT transformation projects. In addition:
- Sound understanding of a range of structured programme and project management methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, leading the collaborative planning process, prioritising work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to engage and work with development teams, in order to understand the technical solution and make informed decisions
- Strong understanding of the government's digital and technology transformation agenda
- Previous experience of working with security partners
If you would like to discuss the role further please do not hesitate to contact Ryan on