Senior Test Validation Engineer
A Senior Test Engineer with experience in embedded software & electronics development environment is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading industrial electronics and energy management company based in Worthing, West Sussex.
The role is offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company's 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers' plant-wide assets.
You'll be responsible for defining the overall test strategy, communicating the vision and implementing & managing validation activities to ensure project milestones are achieved. Typical duties will include:-
- Validation of new generation of products and software tools
- Develop a test strategy that uses as much automation as is possible
- Champion and represent the customer through the entire design, implementation and test cycle
- Look for improvements in software quality from the design teams
- Schedule product test phases, request resources, report progress & issues, overcome problems and obstacles before they become blocking issues etc.
- Plan and write software test plans and specifications
- Arrange and chair various software test reviews
- Design and build test rigs
- Implement test specifications and record and examine test results
- Provide regular reports to Software Validation Manager regarding status of testing and/or test related activities
Skills / Experience Required
- Qualified to BSc. in Computer Science, Systems, Engineering, or related degree
- Experience of the full development and test lifecycle with a solid understanding of functional testing, continuous integration, Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Hands-on test automation experience, in an embedded product or software development environment
- LabVIEW development and use of Teststand.
- Coding skills and an ability to learn/advance rapidly, transitioning from Labview or other programming languages
- Knowledge and/or experience of Cybersecurity, Communication Robustness tools and techniques
- Knowledge of wireless technologies, Cloud Database access via Clients and Browsers, Smart devices IOS and App installations
- Ability to write good test specifications, automation scripts and participate in peer reviews
Pension Plan, Private Health Care, Life Insurance, 28 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on +44 (0) or email