Due to continued growth our client who are a large leading firm of Chartered Accountants are looking for a Payroll Senior to join their expanding team in Guildford.
The team currently looks after just over 100 clients payrolls and your role will involve dealing with all aspects of payroll, reporting directly to the Payroll Manager.
- Manage the team portfolio of payroll clients, including allocation of jobs and monitoring of work and issues within the team. Look after portfolio of own clients.
- Handle smooth handover and take-on of clients transferring from other offices.
- Managing staff / client issues / problems on payroll matters.
- Ensuring that developments in payroll related matters are monitored and reacted to.
- Preparation of quotes for prospective clients.
- Handling engagement letters and AML procedures for new clients.
- Ensure take on procedures for new clients won are dealt with on a timely basis to ensure the client experiences a smooth transition to the firm.
- Ability to take the lead in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Demonstrate commercial awareness by ensuring work is carried out at the appropriate level of staff and within budget for the quote agreed with the client.
- Work collaboratively with peers in team and across the firm.
- Promote a working environment where good performance is openly acknowledged and performance issues are dealt with fairly and consistently.
- Monitor and review team progress to make sure that tasks and projects are completed according to plan, adjusting priorities as necessary.
- Ability to absorb changes in regulations and implement them into working practices.
- Ability to manage peak work times in payroll processing, with the expectation of meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to perform on a proactive basis rather than a reactive basis and motivate staff to follow this approach as well.
You will have previous experience of working within a professional payroll services environment, dealing with multiple payrolls, ideally within practice or a bureau.
The firm offer very good prospects.