National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016.
Our company have been recognised for our commitment to World Class Safety - receiving the British Safety Council's Sword of Honour for the second year running as well as achieving the Investors in People Silver Award 2015 - 2018.
If joining the best in the industry is the next step on your professional agenda, now you have the opportunity to become one of us!
Here at National Express we are proud to deliver the best quality customer service, safety, comfort and reliability as well as value for money to our passengers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for Engineering Supervisor to join our operation at Victoria Coach Station.
- Making sure that all of our vehicles are road worthy
- All necessary check and testing in Mot, Tacho, Loler and Tax are up to date
- Ensuring compliance levels are matching safety and transport regulations
- Managing paperwork related to inspections and incidents
- Maintain and update vehicle records
- Cary out necessary repairs
- Keep control of the stock levels
- Plan and supervise daily activities of the team
- Provide regular reports from repairs and investigations
- Maintain highest possible standards regarding fire safety and general health and safety rules
You will be working closely with Engineering Manager, providing support and assistance where required.
An ideal candidates will have a proven track record of experience in similar role.
Good working knowledge of all PCV vehicle systems and DVSA inspection standards.
Due to the nature of our business you need to have a flexibility to occasional travel and stay away from home, therefore own vehicle and a Driver's Licence is required for the role.
Ability to lead the team and excellent communications skills are also essential to succeed in this role.
An actual PCV licence would be advantageous.
If the above sounds like the next step in the professional carrier, please follow our application process to submit your interest.