Marine Operations Assistant - London
- Full Time
Marine Operations Assistant - Permanent - London - up to £26k plus benefits
The role would suit a college graduate with a degree in the Marine / Maritime sector who is looking to get experience in the shipping industry. The individual must have an operations background and be willing to learn.
You will assist with the day to day control of all operational requirements of vessels.
- Vessel Operations - provide support to the Operations manager responsible for effective performance of vessels in terms of utilisation and schedule adherence
- Terminal Operations - Assist with all administration relating to rate negotiations as well as providing support to the Ops manager responsible for effective performance and compliance.
- Carry out all the administration to ensure accurate control and planning of vessel schedules.
- Assist with ensuring the control of vessels/ports performance to acceptable standard.
- Vessel Operations experience - Essential
- Capable of working on own initiative under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable with Office and planning systems
- Languages an advantage
You MUST have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered. Ideally you will already be living in commutable distance to central London.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Tom Settle on or send your CV to
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.