Commercial Manager (Specials)
2 days left
- Full Time
Our client is the UK distributor for one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of dietary supplements and suppliers of licensed and unlicensed medication.
They now have a permanent role for a Commercial Manager, reporting directly to the Managing Director and managing the Specials department.
Managing all the Specials primary care, secondary care and wholesale accounts, keeping abreast of industry developments in an ever changing and highly competitive market. Monitoring the work load of the team and monthly sales data.
- Responsible for the daily running of the department, monitoring the team members work load and giving guidance and support when needed.
- Management of existing accounts and keeping up to date with industry developments in an ever changing and competitive market.
- Reporting and analysis of monthly sales data.
- Key focus on sourcing new suppliers and products both nationally and internationally to grow the customer portfolio.
- Researching and utilising all available tools to drive forward the sales.
- Presenting products and services to technical experts and healthcare professionals as required e.g. Pharmacists, Clinicians, Nursing Staff and Clinical Specialists.
- Gaining contacts and building strong professional relationships with CCG's and Healthboards.
- Negotiating customer terms as required.
- Planning and implementing the company sales strategy.
- Budget planning and implementation.
- Adhering to all standard operating procedures, Good Distribution Practice and company health and safety policies.
- Delivering on the job staff training, as and when required.
- Acting as Responsible Person whose duties include maintenance of the quality management system, accurate record keeping and coordinating and performing any recall operations.
- To act as Responsible Person (RP) for Good Distribution Practice (GDP) of unlicenced medical products ("specials").
- Approval of suppliers and customers and ensuring that relevant customer complaints or returns are dealt with effectively.
- Ensuring that self-inspections are performed at appropriate regular intervals and the necessary corrective measures are put in place.
- Ensuring that any additional requirements imposed on certain products by national law are adhered to.
- Graduate level
- 3-5 years experience of working in a Unlicenced Pharmaceutical sales/ account management environment.
- A self starter, strongly motivated and forward thinking with drive and determination. Proactive with initiative, driven to grow current market share in addition to developing new markets.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to present to and speak to customers confidently.
- Impressive track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and SAGE
- Competent with data collection, collation and presentation in report format.
- Highly customer focused and passionate about delivering excellent customer service. Competitive and results driven with the ability to influence at the highest level.
- Ability to cope with fluctuation in work loads, along with the ability to prioritise, demonstrating good time management skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience of a product launch into the NHS
This is an office based role with the requirement for travel to appointments with healthcare professionals across the UK.