Tired of working weekends and nights, want more time with your family, then this could be for you!
We have great opportunity for a Chef Manager to join our team at Throckley Primary School, Newcastle.
We are seeking a chef manager who has a passion for food and has excellent culinary skills, wants to make a difference and gets enjoyment out of cooking good food and lightening up someone’s lunch break, and who enjoys working with children. The chef manager will be catering for the students and teachers, with the assistance of 3 experienced staff.
It would be to your advantage if you have experience working within an education or BI unit. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.Package description
You will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world, where there is always opportunity for progression.
Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm, 35 hours per week
8 weeks holiday
Meals on duty
Free car parking
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Competitive Salary, Term time hours, to increase your income you can join resource network within Compass where you can work in the Summer holidays, free car parking, meals on duty, uniforms supplied and many more company benefits
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.Main responsibilities
- Managing a team of 3 staff
- Catering for midmorning break and lunch
- All food is cooked from fresh
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Training and motivating staff
- Build an excellent relationship with the client
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Have a can do attitude
- Good team player
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- Be passionate about food
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Love to work with children
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards