Regional Membership Manager (RMM) - The South
- Full Time
Regional Membership Manager
Field based covering an agreed geographical location - The South
Full time, 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri, flexibility and weekend work required
Reporting to: National Membership and Key Accounts Manager
Responsible for: Delivering recruitment, retention and service uptake targets
Member of: Membership Team
The purpose of this role is to grow and develop the bira membership base within a defined geographical location. Recruitment targets will include new member sign ups and the growth of a pipeline of new prospects. Retention and service uptake will be measured by the number of renewals and the active participation/take up by members of the services within the bira 'offer’.
We are the leading trade association for the independent retail sector, representing the needs of independents and providing valuable business support to save our members time and money. Membership is at the heart of what we do and our strength is in numbers; the more members we have, the more we can do to help/support and negotiate on their behalf.
As a Regional Membership Manager (RMM) you will responsible for the development and engagement of members and prospects in your territory. Independent retail requires the human touch, along with the flexibility and advanced communications skills that enable you to use a variety of methods to build relationships, including: face-to-face shop visits; outbound telephone calls; outbound emails; trade show representation; town meetings and presentations.
You will engage with a diverse mix of real people (often family businesses) in the independent retail sector and with a whole range of business support contacts from within bira and our approved service partnerships. You will also be building and developing sector-based and geographical-based networks to spread the word about our work to grow our membership base in your territory area.
- Meet or exceed KPI’s (including member sign ups, renewals and service uptake)
- Develop and deliver a territory plan
- Provide timely and comprehensive reporting
- Plan and deliver presentations to town groups, trade shows or other audiences
- Maintain regular contact with members in your own territory and beyond, through a variety of activities - supported by the wider Membership Team and the Marketing Team.
- Proven experience of consultative sales and evidence of meeting targets
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with experience of delivering presentations
- Customer focused approach with an understanding of the needs of individuals, responding appropriately and empathetically, developing trust and support.
- Professional, confident and friendly with a 'can-do’ attitude and a genuine interest in helping people.
- Passionate about independent retail.
- Highly developed IT, numerical and analytical skills.
- Comfortable with and knowledgeable about data management in the context of CRM and campaign management.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and a quick-thinking problem-solver.
- Ability to manage own workload effectively, multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
- Ability to co-operate and instigate teamwork while working in/with a group.
- Well-presented, polite and diplomatic.
- Willing to travel with a flexible approach.
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Experience of working within retail
- Experience of working within a membership organisation
- Knowledge and experience of webinars and other digital media
- Marketing and campaigns experience
- Educated to degree level.
PLEASE APPLY WITH A COVERING LETTER DETAILING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ROLE AND WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THE ROLE WITH AN UP-TO-DATE C.V.
PLEASE NOTE - SHOULD WE RECEIVE SUFFICIENT APPLICATIONS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE; WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP ADVERTISING FOR THE ROLE.