Risk Manager - Top 10 Asset Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
My client is a leading European based Asset Management firm, with strong brand recognition, a worldwide presence and Global clients across Institutional, Corporate and Retail spaces. They have a well-established and supported Risk Management team and view Risk management as a means of supporting Investment strategy.
They are looking for a candidate with experience in a broad financial Risk based role including Investment Risk and Portfolio/Liquidity Risk analysis and with exposure/interest in Operational Risk to join the Risk team on an initial 6 month interim basis.
This role will report directly into the UK CRO and will provide the opportunity to gain a breadth of experience within one of the world’s Leading Asset Management Firms.
Although a contract opportunity, the role will be open to those on one month’s notice and has potential to be extended.
The role will involve:
- The monitoring of Portfolio constraints, defining Risk Limits across Market/Credit risk, daily process and framework review and interaction with Front Office staff and Compliance in relation to Risk Assessment and Control setting.
- Communicate the Financial Risks of Portfolio Management across the wider Group and UK based activities, analyse and define the Key Risk indicators including but not limited to VaR and Volatility and Develop Stress Testing tools
- Participate in regular portfolio reviews to assess the robustness of controls and limits, keep up-to-date on Investment Strategy and decision-making to ensure Risk controls are maintained and utilised to enhance the Investment Process and profitability of the Portfolios
- Embed and monitor Operational Risk in relation to the impact of new products, take part in Operational Risk Mapping and SAS70 process review
The role will require:
- Experience within Financial Risk Management roles, Market/Investment/Quantitative/Portfolio Risk
- Experience in Risk limit setting across a range of Portfolio Risk Controls and Constraints
- Strong Educational background with a numerical degree (preferably post-graduate) from a top tier University
- Strong communication skills, with experience of challenge and consultation with Front Office staff