Quantity Surveyor - Major Civil Engineering Project
- Full Time
A National Tier One contractor based throughout the UK is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a £1bn+ civils biased project in London. This high profile project is on a complex site with multiple business partners involved. The role will develop as the project does and there is plenty of room for progression as the project progresses.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be involved from ECI (prelim’s) through to construction on site.
Construction cost advice provided at an early stage in the project planning process in order to test budget provisions and, if necessary, to seek alternative solutions before a commitment to detailed design and procurement is made..
You will be Responsible for a range of commercial responsibilities including measurement, contract administration, record keeping, and maintaining key schedules for both information and procurement. Supporting the timely delivery of the project’s commercial functions throughout both pre-construction and construction phases, including preparation of internal and external valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Value Reconciliations, Change Management and the valuation of variations, cash collection along with input into the risk and opportunity registers.
- Accountability for specific packages within the Commercial Function for the project
- Articulate the project commercial plan and work in partnership with the Project Team members to ensure SRM has the commercial capability to achieve its strategic plans growth
- Assist with input into specific elements of the operational review - Risk and Opportunity, Change
- Management, Procurement, Project Reporting, Forecasting, Cost Value Reconciliation etc
- Intervention as appropriate in respect of variances or potential performance variances in order to ensure project objectives, budgets and strategies are delivered
- To provide consistent, accurate and timely financial reporting on individual projects
- To provide supervision, support and advice to direct reports as well as other members of the project team
- Ensure all sub contracts are placed in accordance with latest SRM policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor SRM commercial systems and procedures and ensure their effective operation
- Identify learning and development needs for self and direct reports Set and monitor objectives for direct reports
- Analysis of sub-contractor tender returns and production of appointment recommendation reports
- Provide advice on contractual claims where necessary
- Timely valuation of completed work and associated payments Sub contract procurement and administration
- Measurement of contracted works on variations Cash Flow forecasting and interpretation
- Experience as a recognised QS with strong commercial awareness with a focus on profit and cash - Broad civil engineering industry experience covering many and various sectors ideally: Tunnelling, RC, Heavy Civil Engineering
- Change Management - Experience in successfully delivering cultural change projects and programmes
- Strategy - Can disseminate a breadth of internal and external data and apply sound judgement regarding the strategic direction of the business
- Technical Skills - Sound Commercial knowledge of the construction industry.