We have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a marketing specialist to join our Customer Strategy and Product team here at Domestic & General in Wimbledon. Reporting to the New Product Development Lead, you will work across the business with key stakeholders, focusing on business plans and progressing projects effectively and according to agreed milestones; whilst proactively escalating, or acting on any issues/opportunities identified.
As a Product Marketing Specialist you will monitor, analyse and drive performance improvement as well as have an understanding of overall product performance.
A champion of our brand, you will ensuring our key values are brought to life through the products you manage and deliver.
We are Domestic & General… a dynamic and growing company with a great heritage that brings peace of mind to over 16 million customers worldwide. We are market leader in our field striving towards a vision of delivering a best in class customer service.
Key role responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing product build aligned to the key strategic plan
- Managing key business briefs and requests required to support product developments against given deadlines
- Launching new products into the operation, working with other departments to ensure that new products effectively land
- Liaise with senior managers internally and externally, discussing developments relating to the performance, product development/ marketing and channels, gaining support for business plans and strategies. Offering advice about existing products and promoting value added services.
- Ensure customer centricity across all work & enhancing a customer centric culture within the team
- Adhere to internal procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of the service to the client
- Attend or manage meetings, give operational guidance, give presentations, present statistical reports, take minutes and give input into the meeting
- Chair internal project meetings with colleagues/other depts.
- Identify and escalate operation issues and take responsibility for resolving escalated issues through priority management and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the business and culture of our customers and use this to develop and enhance new and existing products and opportunities
- Support the Product Manager/Head of Product with ad-hoc responsibilities, tasks and projects as required
- Confident liaising with senior managers internally and discussing current affairs relating to warranties and the sector
- Supporting launches of new products or initiatives:
- Complete any necessary documented briefing for design and copy teams to work-up creative concepts for all required marketing materials and terms and conditions
- Work with team to optimise standout of messaging / creative
- Ensure alignment with customer segment requirements
- Gain all appropriate approvals
- Ensure product updates or information are shared with the business and target stakeholders
- Liaise with Internal Comms team to support if necessary
Skills and experience:
We are looking for a results-driven, confident Product Specialist with great communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as an analytical eye for detail.
You will be a customer champion, focused on delivering against customer needs.
(There may be a need for occasional travel to other sites or client sites as necessary).
Not only is it a great opportunity, but on top of this we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which include criminal record checks.