Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review
Our client is a global bank, who is achieving fantastic growth and success. Due to this growth they are searching for an Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review to join their highly skilled Financial Crime Global Risk Analytics function in Edinburgh.
The Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review candidate will be a qualified and experienced actuary, and the types of models will include Economic Capital, IFRS, Pricing, Reserving etc. This is a fast paced environment with loads of variety, and significant development opportunities both locally and globally.
The successful Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review candidate is responsible for leading model reviews, supporting the pool of Managers from the team, and expertise from the wider Bank IMR team, to support. The Senior Manager will also support the coordination of model review plans, and the communication and delivery of constructive challenge to the senior management of the Insurance businesses, Group Pensions team and Finance and Wealth teams. In addition, to contribute tangibly towards the development and maintenance of the teamâ€™s capabilities as a quantitative Centre of excellence in relation to insurance and pensions models.
Other responsibilities include:
· Ensuring insurance, pensions, finance and wealth models and model developments are validated in accordance with the agreed IMR schedule for such models. Ensuring that Group material insurance, pensions, finance and wealth models are reviewed in line with IMR and function guidance and that any issues identified are escalated and appropriate action plan established;
· Provide support for the Global Functional Head and the Regional Team Lead where necessary and including support for relevant Group Model Oversight Committees (MOCs) and provide regular updates to the committees on model reviews carried out by the team;
· Support the development of skills and knowledge across the modeling teams through insightful and constructive feedback
· Support the development and maintenance of review methodology for insurance, pensions and wealth models
· Is a point of contact for Global IMR teams for insurance, pensions, finance and wealth model review expertise as required
This is a global role in a growing team, with the opportunity to travel if desired, although this is not a role requirement. (Although there will be occasional visits to London). The Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review should have a very strong technical skillset and excellent writing capability, as well as excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills as this role will primarily liaise at CRO level globally.
· Strong understanding of industry good practice and emerging regulations (including Solvency II) around modeling standards and validation
· Strong technical knowledge of insurance and pensions modeling methodologies and techniques, including liability modelling, ESGs and ALM, capital modelling, projections
· Expertise in any of French, Asia-Pacific, and Latin American regulatory and market environments desirable
· Experience of conducting model validations or audits of models
· Experience of leading teams and projects
· Experience of project management
· Experience of working with and facing off to senior management
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to form effective relationships with model developers and owners and key senior stakeholders within the Insurance, Pensions and Wealth teams and across the Bank
· Ability to prioritise competing demands and demonstrate flexibility to meet dynamic requirements
· Developing and retaining talent, within the team and across the Bank
Actuarial qualification (essential)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Reviewto work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Senior Manager (Actuary), Insurance, Pensions and Wealth Global Model Review then please apply now for immediate consideration.