Business Development Manager - Property/Construction
Business Development Manager - c£40k-45k basic, Uncapped bonus (1st year c£10-12k), Car allowance and extensive benefits package
Our Client is a leading provider within the Construction and Property marketplace of a range of building contol/insurance related products and services. Following consistant growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for self-starting, motivated Business Developer to join their team of sales professionals in the Southern region.
New hires will be given first class training and their own geographical area to both win new business and deveop exisiting client relationships within property developers, building contractors and local authorities.
- To achieve agreed sales and business objectives relating to targeted growth.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the Sales and Marketing Plan for the companies range of products.
- To regularly liaise with the UK Sales Director, providing regular business updates.
- To provide updates on progress and development, at the same time as highlighting any potential issues.
- To develop key contacts at senior levels of major target organisations.
- To deliver sales presentations to clients and work colleagues, as required.
- To produce sales statistics and provide management information on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
- To attend regular internal and external Sales Team meetings.
- To pro-actively manage existing, and develop new customer relationships.
- To attend Trade Exhibitions, Industry events and awards ceremony’s as required.
- To develop and maintain competitor and market knowledge.
- To strictly adhere to the Company’s selling practices and methods in accordance with FCA rules.
Experience / Skills
- Experience gained in Field Sales as well as some interest or exposure to the construction/property/insurance sectors i.e. Estate Agency, Recruitment, Building Products etc.
- Preferable (not essential) - familiarity of FCA Regulations, gained in a similar sales environment.
- A highly successful track record of setting and achieving Sales targets.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills with ability to identify and match our products with new and existing customers
- Good at problem solving.
- Proven experience dealing with demanding clients at all levels.
- Proven ability to persuade and influence
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Strong commercial and market awareness.
- Be able to deliver presentations to small and large groups confidently.
- Good knowledge of a CRM system