This is a key hire for our client who is looking to grow the project delivery team within their Shared Services. Interacting with a number of senior stakeholders, this role will lead the planning, implementation and execution of the strategic roadmap as the business continues its journey towards its future Shared Services Target Operating Model.
Northern based utilities / energy organisation. This role is based near Durham but will involve some travel around the North East and Yorkshire.
Our client is looking to build its project delivery team as it continues to move towards a Shared Services model. They are looking to recruit a Project Manager to lead the planning, implementation and executive of the strategic shared services roadmap across the wider business. The Project Manager will be highly visible across the organisation and will be expected to interact with stakeholders at all levels. They will build collaborative relationships to enable the successful deployment of this large scale and complex change project. The Project Manager will:
- Review the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables, ensuring the most appropriate governance and assurance processes are in place;
- Work closely with the Business Improvement Manager to determine the activity plan of business process reviews;
- Create timely and meaningful internal project-related communications to all relevant stakeholders;
- Coach, support and develop team members;
- Define project tasks and activities within the project schedule;
- Attend change governance meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are informed of risks and issues, progress and challenges.
To be successful in your application you must have the following:
- Formally trained in a recognised project / programme methodology (Prince2 Practitioner / Agile - CURRENT)
- Proven experience in project planning, change management and risk management;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Significant experience of working in a project environment as Project Manager;
- Experience of implementing Shared Services would be advantageous;
- Proven stakeholder engagement experience.
Up to £45k +
10% performance related bonus +