Support Worker - Birmingham
JOB TITLE: SUPPORT WORKER - BIRMINGHAM
REPORTS TO: SUPPORT MANAGER
HOURS: (FULL TIME) 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: SCALE 5, POINT 22-25, £19,370 - £21,244, PER ANNUM, PRO RATA
BASED FROM: ST BASILS, PROJECT - BIRMINGHAM
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY 1ST AUGUST 2017
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are seeking an experinced support worker to provide support to young people at risk of homelessness to enable them to develop their skills, confidence and opportunities and helping them make a successful transition to adulthood. The successful candidate will also assist young people to achieve their support plan goals by helping them with life skills or other support needs.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL
- NVQ 3 (Care, Advice and Guidance or other relevant/equivalent qualification).
- Experience of working with young people in any of the following settings: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal justice, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing or Support Work.
- Knowledge of welfare rights, resources etc.
- Experience of supervising volunteers or students.
- Ability to assist young people in improving their life skills through designing and implementing life and social skills programmes in individual and group work settings.
- Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessments to develop support and risk management plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group using appropriate media.
Please note: CVs and Handwritten Application Forms are not accepted
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.