2 days left
- Full Time
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to work in a rewarding role with our highly prestigious client based in the County Durham area. If you strive to help business move forward and feel you are someone who can add something to a team then then this role will be suited to you. The company is transitioning to high volume manufacturing supporting some of the world’s largest consumer electronics companies.
- Working closely with Senior Management and the Design Team, the Engineer will be responsible for identifying new products and product variants, as well as helping to expedite current concepts needed to maintain strategic growth.
- This includes the preparation of technical plans using computer-aided engineering and design software.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects from concept to completion ensuring technical standards are maintained and agreed specifications satisfied
- Design, develop and test components, devices, systems or equipment that use electricity as part of their source of power. These components include capacitors, diodes, resistors and transistors.
- Design, develop and test power electronics solutions as required.
- Develop products for new and emerging markets
- Work alongside Clients to develop creative solutions
- Control and report project budgets and timescale.
- Maintain a technical awareness of processes, materials and technologies relevant to Company products
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of changes to applicable Standards and Legislation
- Provide technical support to other Departments as required
- Attend Customer meetings and site visits (national) as required
- Assess new developments or innovations
- Co-ordinate the work of technicians and craftspeople
- Testing prototypes and analysing data
- Maintain an awareness of Health & Safety, Risk Analysis and the need to operate safe systems.
- The successful candidate will adhere to all Company Health & Safety and Sustainability policies
- Educated to or working towards degree level in electrical engineering (HND and relevant experience will be considered)
- Background in electrical design, ideally with exposure to manufacturing and knowledge of product life cycles
- Ability to make and understand technical diagrams
- Engineering project skills - execute project planning and delivery on a cost-effective basis
- Some practical knowledge and experience of power electronics based products
- Experience using PCB design software and circuit simulation software
- Experience using design/simulation tools such as PLECS, MATLAB and Simulink.
- Some experience in the live testing of low voltage.
- CAD skills - using software to create designs in 2D surface modelling.
- Ability to competently demonstrate company capabilities in a customer facing scenario