Accounts Payable Assistant
We are currently looking for a bright, hands on accounts assistant with strong experience in accounts payable / purchase ledger, to join a fantastic organisation in central London and work within a vibrant, fast paced accounts department.
The role will focus on managing all aspects of accounts payable for the team, as well as assisting with bank reconciliations and some month end reporting duties to ensure all deadlines are met. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, driven and will have the ability and initiative to work individually and as part of a team within a growing organisation.
- Administering receipt of invoices by email or post and accurately entering into the Finance system
- Assisting in month end process as required
- Ensuring all invoices are correctly coded
- Credit card coding, posting and statement recs
- Investigate/query invoices with discrepancies
- Purchase order maintenance
- Communicating and responding to enquiries with suppliers, departments and other group companies in a courteous and timely manner.
- Scanning invoices daily and maintaining the filing system
- Ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for on invoices
- Posting of inter-company transactions relating to invoices
- Ensure effective controls developed and maintained around AP processes
You may also be required to assist with tasks such as:
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets for certain indirect cost categories.
- Performing adhoc tasks and reporting
- Assisting in Balance sheet reconciliations (incl. Multi-currency)
- Excellent Purchase Ledger / AP Knowledge
- Experience of working within a busy finance team
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel on a daily basis
- Passion and flexibility to work the hours required to see tasks to completion in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
This position is immediately available, please apply on line asap to be considered.