Audit Senior - Edinburgh
This mid-tier CA practice with an enviable reputation are now seeking to recruit an Audit Senior for their Edinburgh office.
Due to growth our client is looking to recruit a qualified accountants (CA or ACCA) to join the Audit Assurance Team. This opportunity will suit an experienced auditor wishing to move into an Audit Assurance Senior role, or an experienced Senior looking for a new challenge. The successful candidate must have recent audit assurance experience gained within professional practice.
With a strong team of auditors at all levels, and a dynamic client base this role will offer the chance to work with clients in a wide range of sectors.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Audit of accounts for a varied portfolio of clients including for example, PLCs, family companies, charities, housing associations, property groups, pension schemes
- Supervision of audit teams of one to three students with responsibility for controlling and reviewing their work
- Liaison and communication with Managers and Partners
- Assisting with in-house training sessions
- Developing and maintaining client contact and relationships
- Delivering internal audit assignments
Key skills required:
- Recent audit assurance experience essential
- Experience running external audit/leading fieldwork teams
- Charity experience preferably SORP's along with FRS102 knowledge
- Sound knowledge of accounts preparation essential
- Recent experience in public practice essential
- CA or ACCA qualification preferred
- Good communication skills required
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions to problems encountered
- Proven success as a team player
- Demonstrable ability to work to budgets and deadlines
- IT literate - Microsoft Office, CCH Audit Automation and SAGE preferred
Driver with own car preferred
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are wishing to develop a career in professional practice, in return achievements will be recognised through opportunities within career development and advancement.
Salary £32,000 - £35,000 DOE + excellent benefits package. For further information contact Lesley Drew