Principal Layout Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
Principal Layout Engineer - Edinburgh
Dialog Semiconductor designs highly integrated standard and custom mixed-signal integrated circuits, optimised for Smartphone, Tablet, IoT, LED Solid State Lighting and Smart Home applications. With world-class manufacturing partners, Dialog operates a fabless business model and is a socially responsible employer pursuing many programs to benefit the employees, community, other stakeholders and the environment we operate in.
Dialog’s power saving technologies including DC-DC configurable system power management deliver high efficiency and enhance the consumer’s user experience by extending battery lifetime and enabling faster charging of their portable devices. Its technology portfolio also includes audio, Bluetooth® Smart, Rapid Charge™ AC/DC power conversion and multi-touch.
As part of our continued growth, we seek a Principal Layout Engineer to join us in our Edinburgh office.
Working in our Layout team in Edinburgh, you will:
• All Layout activities including top, cell and block level creation, edit and full verification.
• Use state-of-the-art layout techniques for matching, ESD, latch-up prevention and parasitic reduction.
• Work with an estimation of layout timescales plus any subsequent re-estimations due to design changes.
• Continuous assessment and reporting of timescale risks
• Floor planning and power routing concept and design.
• Instigation of peer reviews for critical and major layout blocks.
• Suggest improvements to the overall layout capabilities of Dialog Semiconductor team
• Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of Semiconductor processes from physical point of view.
What we are looking for
• Extensive experience of block level through to top-level layout, including floor planning, power routing and full verification prior to tape-out.
• Thorough understanding of the impact of their layout in terms of yield and financial implication.
• Demonstrable competence in 'Design for Manufacture’ techniques
• Proficiency in providing accurate estimation of layout timescales and timescale risks
• Competence and expertise in providing layouts to deadline as defined by project plans
Dialog in Edinburgh
Working in our Edinburgh design centre, you’ll be perfectly placed in the heart of this historic and beautiful city. Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland is a city which has a distinctly town feel, offering excellent schools, the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival once a year plus many tourist attractions to enjoy in the centre of the city. Amazing countryside and seaside is easily accessible for all kinds of outdoors activities. As part of our team in Edinburgh, you’ll be joining a truly multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to enjoy 9 successive years of double digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With sustainable growth on a global scale planned for 2016, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.
If you’d like to explore working for Dialog Semiconductor further, then it’s time we heard from you. Click below and apply now. Closing date for applications is Thursday 17th August 2017.