- Full Time
We are seeking enthusiastic Software Developers to join our software development team, based in either Taunton or Yeovil. Mostly centred on .Net and SQL Server, we are continually improving our processes and systems for delivery, with a growing passion for DevOps and automation.
With a background of software development, we are open to all abilities and levels of experience. What really matters to us is your passion and drive to succeed, and your skills in collaboration and team working. Our industry never stays still, and we need to keep moving with it, so we operate in a fast paced environment where every day presents a new challenge!
How will you be rewarded? We’ll reward you by giving back 10% of your time for your own research projects, support you with dedicated time for training and personal development. We’ll even give you your birthday off work!
- Support our core insurance claims handling business, supplier networks, market-leading clients, and their customers.
- Challenging you on a daily basis to take an active role in the direction of our software.
- Our main technology focus is on .Net solutions with multi-tiered architecture, MVC 5 presentation layers with Razor Views, JQuery, HTML5 and CSS3, as well as supporting console and service applications.
Behind the scenes our applications sit on SQL Server data sources, utilising a combination of Entity Framework, and SQL Stored Procedures with ADO.Net.
We want nothing to hold you back, so you will be developing in a professional environment using Visual Studio Team System, Test Driven Development and other contemporary technologies. You will be encouraged to assist team members and mentor junior developers in modern development techniques.
Qualifications and Experience:
- SQL Server experience
- Entity Framework experience
- ASP.NET MVC experience
- Web API
- XHMTL/HTML5 & CSS2/3
- Use of Visual Studio 2013 or above.
- Working knowledge of IIS 7 and above
- Source Control (SVN/TFS)
- Database design and performance analysis
- Commercial experience in .NET application development
- Problem solving and debugging code
- Great communication skills
- A real passion for delivering great products
- Team working skills and collaboration
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Used or built WCF services
- Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology and also Kanban approach.
- Android/IOS App development
- Ability to build strong support relationships with others
- Ability to remain focused during extremely busy periods
- Able to prioritise workloads and recognise company and customer demands
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation skills
- Project management
- Personal time management
- You will become a member of our IT Department
- Team size - Currently 15
Other benefits on our A4 page include:
- Discounted gym membership for individuals currently based in Taunton
- Onsite chiropractor
- Childcare/Bike To Work vouchers
- Recommend a friend scheme with £500 bonus
- BHSF Health Cover - dentistry, opticians, physiotherapy and more... (differing levels of access from probation to 1 year's service)
- Up to 20% off Vodafone for you, family and friends
- Employee of the month/year with financial reward
- Death in Service Income Protection after 3 years' service
- Additional 3 days holiday purchase via salary sacrifice
And much more!