Technical Customer Support Representative - Internet of Things
- Full Time
Our client is on a mission to revolutionise the Insurance Industry and were named as Europe’s coolest IoT company in 2015. They are currently recruiting for an additional Technical & Customer Support Representative to join their increasingly busy support organisation to focus on both internal and customer technical support. Experience of supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) applications to large Enterprise customers would be a distinct advantage, together with the following skill-sets.
You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of our client’s internal systems and the network environment in the London office that will include:-
- Maintenance and technical support of internal systems including Base (CRM), Google Drive, etc.
- Implement and document controlled changes to internal systems and office and telephony network environment.
- Schedule any maintenance or downtime effectively with staff.
- Provide first level of IT support internally including various operating systems like Mac OSX, iOS and Windows.
- Hardware and equipment orders.
- Manage and maintain the major domain providers. (update SSL certificates and create new DNS records from time to time)
- Ensure data integrity is maintained during all above activities and that sufficient process is put in place to backup and test prior to release of change.
You will also ensure that their clients are provided with excellent customer support and that all cases are documented, responded to and resolved:-
- Maintain good communication throughout the support process with clients.
- Assure high quality and prompt rectification of client support cases by working with our client’s internal and development teams and 3rd party suppliers.
- Recommend and document changes required to continually improve the support process.
- Perform the technical administration of SIMS and devices, produce and record required client provisioning information.
- Provide high quality customer service and accurate data to insurance companies
- Very occasional on-site visits may be required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following mandatory experience:-
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrable experience working in a fast paced Customer Support department dealing with customer queries via telephone, web and help desk software tools.
Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure systems including:-
- Experience of LAN/WAN environments
- Demonstrable experience of Network technologies (e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Firewall/ACL, VoIP, VPN, QoS)
- Demonstrable experience of security fundamentals including definition/implementation and enhancement of network security strategies
- Cloud Active Directory administration and support experience
The following skill sets are not essential but would be great to have. If you don’t have them, you’ll get to learn them!
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies (specifically Azure and AWS)
- Experience of supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Confluence and Jira
- Experience of configuring mobiles devices (iPhones, laptops and tablets)
- Knowledge of firewall routers such as Draytek hardware.
- Working knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems (OSX)
- Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with mobile communications technologies such as GSM, 3G, 4G LTE is a plus.
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you.