Highly respected engineering company based in Falmouth, Cornwall are looking to recruit a permanent Technical Author. You will be involved in creating end-user technical documentation that meets current industry legislation. Playing a key role in the QA review and approval process, you will be responsible for coordinating translation and in-country reviews working with our external translation providers and overseas offices.
You will remain focused on completing tasks while being flexible and adaptable to fluctuating requirements and changing priorities. In addition to strong writing skills you will demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of engineering principles, attention to detail and a willingness to learn new technologies.
Essential skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum of three years' experience working with technical documentation and coordinating translation
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of working in a well organised and methodical manner
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines and targets
- Collaborating with external teams and providers of translation and other services
- Experienced with using Adobe Creative Suite
- Use of Madcap Professional Suite would be an advantage although training will be provided