Architect (part II or part III)
Listing Date: 18th July 2017
Closing Date: 18th August 2017
We're looking for talented, motivated and interesting people to become part of our growing team.
Periscope is a young, inventive and thoughtful group of architects and landscape architects who believe that great design is the result of strong collaborations.
You should be an architect with at least two years post-graduate experience, ideally studying for or have recently gained RIBA chartership, UK chartered status. You must have a strong understanding of design, an eye for detail and have good knowledge of Rhino/V-Ray, be proficient in AutoCAD and be at an expert on all Adobe suite products.
You must have experience of working in the United Kingdom and of the United Kingdom's planning, regulatory and construction systems and hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Above all you must be passionate about making, building and thinking about architecture and landscape.
Skills / abilities / responsibilities
- AutoCAD, ability to accurately draw plans, sections & elevations to a high technical & presentation quality
- Ability to produce hand drawings & sketches in 2D and 3D to a high level of presentation
- Good standard of physical model making
- Good standard of 3D CAD in any software (Rhino preferable)
- Good standard of Adobe suite products
- Personable, polite and approachable
Knowledge / understanding
- Good knowledge of London plan policies
- Good knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of architects in practice, such as legal duties and duties to clients
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management regulations 2015
- Basic understanding of the RIBA plan of work
- Basic knowledge of the UK planning laws and processes
- Basic knowledge of UK conservation policies: conservation areas, listing & Historic England
- Basic knowledge of technical issues relating to buildings such as weathering, weather proofing, structural, electrical, mechanical and sustainability principles etc
- Basic knowledge of UK contracts such as professional services contracts and building contracts
Responsibilities / activities
- Play a central role and be self-directed as part of the Periscope project team
- Support, manage and mentor junior members of staff
- Clearly present and communicate (graphically, verbally and written) ideas to others within the Periscope team, wider design team and occasionally to clients
- Able to organise and priorities their own work to meet deadlines requested by others
- Able to use the Periscope systems once trained (file naming, filing, CAD usage, plot sheets etc)
- Able to produce architectural ideas and concepts for projects under their own direction
- Able to form, communicate and present clear design / project narratives to others
- Able to clearly and concisely write correspondence to others
You must demonstrate major project experience in the design and delivery of landscape projects with at least two years’ experience in this area.
Job Title: Architect
Salary Range: £33,000-£40,000
Periscope is an equal opportunities employer.