Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Top 100 Company
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join an employee focussed multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in London. As both "Investors in people" and a "Top 100 Best Companies to work for" they are passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best engineers in the industry and offer a great working environment.
They offer a fantastic benefits package including pension, private healthcare, 25 days' leave, Cycle to work scheme, a subsidised Gym Membership, Holiday bonus, payment of one professional membership and flexible working hours.
Reporting to the MEP Director, you will work closely with the in-house civil and structural engineers, architects and environmental engineers and design innovative, energy efficient buildings that integrate seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance people's lives.
Additional responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Director or Associate Director with project bids, resource planning and financial control on projects.
- Supervising Junior and intermediate Engineer and Technicians and ensuring their work complies with the client's requirements, British standards and Sustainability benchmarks.
- Attending design meetings, giving technical presentations and answering contractor queries.
- Depending on the type of project, produce performance specifications, concept design, detail designs or carry out peer reviews.
- Carry out site surveys and creating survey reports, feasibility reports, schedules, design reports, technical specifications and design risk assessments.
- Ensuring all HVAC installations are integrated with other disciplines such as architecture, electrical, acoustics, lighting and Building Physics.
- Liaising with building control and planning teams.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with end user clients, investors, property developers, architects and Project managers.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work a range of unique projects ranging from theatres, schools, listed buildings, race courses, laboratories to major regeneration and master-planning projects. You will enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive team environment and be able to really influence the design from a very early stage of the project.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, retail, leisure and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, and project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of work streams and the fact all team members work across every sector means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a consultancy environment or design and build contracting environment.
- Strong communication, analysis and technical design skills
- Ability to check the work produced in IES, Hectoamp or Revit MEP.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations, British standards and CIBSE guidelines.